facebook twitter
My Advice Gateway

My Advice Gateway is a free resource to help you quickly find the information you need to claim benefits, access help and support or look for a job or training opportunities. Other services include sections on banking, insurance and how to manage debt.

There is so much information available on the internet that it can often be a tedious and time consuming activity to search through the mass of advice that is available in order to find the information you need. Even government websites that have been set up to provide help can be difficult to find your way around.

My Advice Gateway has been built to help you find the information you need quickly and effectively. Links will take you to authoritative advice or the precise application form you need.

We hope you will find My Advice Gateway useful. If you do, why not tell your friends. . .


LHS provides a complete range of web-based housing option services to more than 60 local authorities and hundreds of housing associations across the UK.


My Advice Gateway constantly checks its links to other information sources to ensure they work properly.

However, if you do find a link that does not connect, please let us know so that we can fix it quickly.

Simply drop us an e-mail and tell us which link did not work. We will check it out and put it right.

E-mail: info@myadvicegateway.com




Income Support is designed for people who do not have enough money to live on and the amount you get is the difference between the money you have and what the Government thinks your needs are.

Your needs depend on your particular circumstances and will vary from person to person. You can claim Income Support for yourself and a partner who lives with you, but only one of you can claim the Income Support.

Full details of eligibity, how much you will receive and how to claim can be found at GOV.UK.

If you are eligible, you will automatically get maximum Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction as well.

You can download a form to apply for Income Support at this link which should be sent to your local Jobcentre Plus.

However, you usually have to make a claim for Income Support by phone. Use the freephone number: 0800 169 0350.

A complete overview of Income Support can also be found at citizensadvice.

Benefit Cap & Universal Credit

Income support counts towards the Benefit Cap. Your Housing Benefit may go down to make sure that the total amount of benefit you get isn’t more than the cap level.

For details on the Benefits Cap follow this link.

From April 2013 a new benefit, Universal Credit (UC), has started to replace many existing benefits and tax credits.

UC is currently being rolled out to certain areas across the UK.

Depending where you live and what your personal circumstances are, you might be able to claim UC instead of Income Support.

For a full explanation of Universal Credit follow this link.